The BCS Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) Team was formed to create an inclusive environment for the BCS family where all associates are respected, connected, heard, and empowered to bring their unique talents and authentic perspectives to work and beyond. Through education, celebration, and evolution, the DEI Team serves their mission to foster a workplace environment in which all individuals are treated fairly and respectfully, cultivate a community where exploration of differences is safe, positive, and nurturing, and create a deeper trust between associates and leadership.
In 2022, the team coordinated many activities and celebrations in support of this mission, including:
· Expanding BCS’s recognition of religious celebrations to more than 14 diverse celebrations across a wide range of religions
· Coordinating esteemed guest speakers including Crystal Elliot-O’Connor and Illinois Senator Tammy Duckworth
· Launching a DEI Book Club with weekly sessions throughout the year
· Providing educational resources to BCS team members around Black History Month, Women’s History Month, Autism Awareness, Juneteenth, Native American Heritage Month, Italian-American Heritage Month and more
· Holding a Hispanic Heritage Month luncheon for over 75 members of #TeamBCS
· Coordinating BCS’s participation in the Autism Speaks Suburban Chicago Walk
At BCS, we whole-heartedly embrace diversity, and would like to thank our DEI team members for another great year dedicated to transparency and authenticity of change.
The BCS DEI Team is compromised of the following individuals: Melody Bautista, Sukanya Beutelspacher, Annette Chase, Priyanka Chauhan, Elizabeth Cherian, Sharon Dold, Madiha Fatima, Carmen Freeman, Christopher Halsey, Jamal Mason, Patrick O’Rourke, Charmi Parikh, Katie Russo, Diana Sanchez, Renee Sanderson, and Kendal Sasso.