With a solid foundation reinforced by a storied history and diversified knowledge base, BCS Financial delivers financial and insurance solutions by engaging in strategic partnerships with Blue Cross and Blue Shield organizations and commercial market leaders.
- Blue Cross Commission members (BCC), forms the first national Blue company, Blue Cross Association (BCA).
- BCA forms Health Service, Inc. (HSI), a life insurance company.
- Associated Medical Care Plans (AMCP) forms Blue Shield Association (BSA) to capitalize a similar national entity.
- BSA forms Medical Indemnity of America (MIA), a property and casualty insurance company.
- HSI and MIA enter into a joint operating agreement as HSI-MIA.
- HSI-MIA issues the first national Blue hospital contracts for Ford, Chrysler, GM, Uniroyal Tires, Michigan Bell, and Ohio Bell.
- HSI-MIA national account contracts become the standard for the Blue System, issuing the first national Blue medical contracts for the Los Angeles, New Jersey, and New York Plans.
- HSI-MIA pioneers vision, dental, and chiropractic benefits for national accounts.
- BCS Financial Corporation (BCS) is created to own HSI-MIA.
- HSI is renamed BCS Life Insurance Company (BCSL) and MIA is renamed BCS Insurance Company (BCSI).
- BCS develops Group Universal Life program exclusively for Blue employees.
- BCS develops and begins administering Plans’ Liability Insurance Company (PLIC), a Blue Cross Blue Shield Directors & Officers/Errors & Omissions pool.
- BCS underwrites healthcare coverage for the 1984 and 1988 USA Olympic committees.
- BCBSA grants BCS an international license for Western Europe.
- BCS develops medical stop loss insurance products for Blue Cross Blue Shield companies and third-party administrators.
- BCS begins administering Plan Investment Fund, Inc. (PIF).
- BCS introduces commercial product lines to balance its Blue product portfolio.
- BCS underwrites the Blue Cross Blue Shield Association’s Blue Worldwide Expat Program.
- BCS develops industry-leading limited benefit brand EssentialCare.
- BCSL becomes 4 Ever Life Insurance Company and is awarded BCBS underwriting licenses.
- BCS launches GeoBlue international travel and Ancilyze marketing technology partnerships.
- BCS enters the individual insurance market with the introduction of its iQuote simplified issue products.