We know Blue and have solutions specifically designed for Blue Plans using Blue Health Intelligence data.
We’re part of the Blue family — BCS is owned by all primary Blue Cross and Blue Shield licensees.
Long-term Blue focus with nearly 70 years of service to the Blue System.
Rated A- (Excellent) by A.M. Best
- Blue Cross Association is created and forms the first national Blue company, Health Service, Inc. (HSI), a life insurance company
- Blue Shield Association is created and forms a similar national Blue entity, Medical Indemnity of America (MIA), a property and casualty insurance company
- HSI and MIA merge operations, becoming known as HSI-MIA
- HSI-MIA issues the first national Blue hospital contracts for the automotive and telecom industries, creating national account standards for the Blue System
- HSI-MIA pioneers vision, dental, and chiropractic benefits for national accounts
- BCS Financial Corporation (BCS) is created to own HSI-MIA
- HSI is renamed BCS Life Insurance Company (BCSL) and MIA is renamed BCS Insurance Company (BCSI)
- BCS develops BCBS Organ and Bone Marrow Transplant Pool
- BCS launches Group Universal Life program for Blue employees
- BCS forms BCBS Professional Liability Program, utilizing Plans’ Liability Insurance Company
- BCS underwrites healthcare coverage for the 1984 and 1988 U.S. Olympic Teams
- BCS creates Medical Stop Loss insurance program
- BCS begins administering Plan Investment Fund
- BCS introduces Agent Errors & Omissions program
- BCS develops industry-leading limited benefit program EssentialCare
- BCSL becomes 4 Ever Life Insurance Company and is awarded two special purpose BCBS underwriting licenses
- BCS invests in, and begins underwriting, GeoBlue international healthcare
- BCS launches Ancilyze, an ancillary optimization service
- BCS creates 4 Ever Life International Limited to expand GeoBlue availability
- BCS launches BCS Re, a segregated-cell captive
- BCS invests in LifeSecure Insurance Company to advance ancillary growth strategy
- BCS introduces new Cyber Liability solutions
There has been much discussion in the cyber insurance marketplace about third party damages from a data breach. A hospital in California recently agreed to pay over $240 to each patient who was affected by the breach.
BCS Financial Corporation is proud to partner with LifeSecure Insurance Company to expand ancillary health offerings and provide turnkey solutions to Blue Plans nationwide.
BRIGHTON, Mich., Oct. 2, 2017 /PRNewswire/ — LifeSecure Insurance Company, a supplemental health and long term care insurance provider, and BCS Financial Corporation, a company that builds innovative solutions for Blue Cross Blue Shield companies, today announced a strategic arrangement to bring ancillary health solutions to Blue Plans across the country. The arrangement’s initial goal […]
Healthcare organizations are facing almost one cyber attack per month. About 48% of healthcare IT and IT security practitioners have said they had a breach involving loss or exposure of patient information in the past year.